Astell & Kern AKJR
PORTABLE HI-RES MUSIC PLAYER
The AK Jr project gives everyone the opportunity to comfortably listen to high resolution audio, anytime and anywhere.
Although the Astell&Kern was a portable device, its relatively large size made it less convenient for some.
The AK Jr’s compact design delivers the highest sound quality while fitting comfortably in your pocket.
The AK Jr is like carrying a small concert in your pocket.
The AK Jr simplifies complex features of Hi-Fi audio to a smartphone-like experience.
The simplified design exemplifies the original concept of the AK Jr.
The raised screen provides secure grip and slims down the profile from 8.9mm to 6.9mm.
The full aluminum body and textured aluminum volume wheel allows smooth one-handed operation.
INCREASED OUTPUT AND LOWERED IMPEDANCE
The AK Jr’s output level of 1.95 VRMS represents a 14% increase over the AK100’s 1.5 VRMS. Our engineers have reduced the output impedance to 2 Ohms for a significant gain in sound fidelity from the AK100’s 22 Ohms.
As the AK Jr supports many various types of earphones and headphones, a separate amplifier is unnecessary.
DSD TO PCM
Listen to a greater range of audio through DSD.
When playing music stored on a computer, the AK Jr delivers the same high level of audio quality while eliminating the need for a built-in sound card.
FULL TOUCH SCREEN
The smartphone-like full touch capabilities offer responsive interface and the larger screen displays more information.
64GB + 64GB MICROSD
The AK Jr features 64GB of memory to store more music than ever before. Supporting microSD cards up to 64 GB, the AK Jr is capable of offering a whopping total storage capacity of 128 GB!
The combined 128GB of internal memory and external microSD card capacity is capable of holding more than 1,250 high resolution audio. (Based on one, 4-minute song @ 24 bit/96 kHz, taking up 90MB)
- Body Color – Sleek Silver
- Body Material – Aluminum
- Display – 3.1inch WQVGA (240 x 400) Touchscreen
- Supported Audio Formats – WAV, FLAC, WMA, MP3, OGG, APE(Normal, High, Fast), AAC, ALAC, AIFF, DFF, DSF
- Sample rate – FLAC, WAV, ALAC, AIFF : 8kHz ~ 192kHz (8/16/24bits per Sample) / DSD : DSD64 (1bit 2.8MHz), Stereo (DSD to PCM)
- Output Level – 1.95Vrms
- DAC – Wolfson WM8740 x1 (Single DAC)
- Decoding – Support up to 24bit/192kHz Bit to Bit Decoding
- Input – USB Micro-B input(for charging & data transfer (PC & MAC))
- Outputs – PHONES (3.5mm)
- Bluetooth – V4.0
- Dimensions – 2.08” (52.9 mm) [W] x 4.60” (117 mm) [H] x 0.35” (8.9 mm) [D]
- Weight – 3.28 oz (93 g)
- Feature Enhancements – Firmware upgrades supported (F/W file copy)
- Frequency Response – ±0.04dB (Condition: 20Hz~20kHz) / ±0.3dB (Condition: 20Hz~70kHz)
- Signal to Noise Ratio – 112dB @ 1kHz
- Crosstalk – 120dB @ 1kHz
- THD+N – 0.005% @ 1kHz
- IMD SMPTE – 0.0006% 800Hz 10kHz(4:1)
- Output Impedance – 2ohm
- Clock Jitter – 50ps (Typ
- Capacity – 1,450mAh 3.7V Li-Polymer Battery
- Built-in Memory – 64GB [NAND]
- External Memory – microSD (Max 64GB) x1
- Supported OS – Windows XP, Windows 7,8 (32/64bit), MAC OS X 10.7 and up